Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Righteous Indignation - Veteran's Day

So this post is delayed (obviously) and decidedly non-rugby related. Saturday was Veteran's Day. I guess some banks and such took of on Monday, but for the most part it was but a blip on the radar. That's why it's taking me so long to become indignant! Until I looked at the Circuit City flyer in my mail box, I didn't even know it happened!

Well, Veteran's Day pisses me off. I'm a veteran. The only time I've ever HAD Veteran's Day off was when I was in the service. And even then we pretty much always dressed up in our finest to put on a parade for the civilians in the morning, so only had a half day.

So, I call for nationwide legislation. ALL VETERANS SHOULD HAVE VETERAN'S DAY AS A PAID HOLIDAY. Is it too much to ask????

0 Comments: