Thursday, January 04, 2007

Paranormal vacation?

So before we jump back into rugby, I've got to blog about my awsome trip.

A group of 16 colorado-originated -rugby-related friends + 5 dogs and random drop-ins rented a house in Breckenridge for 4 days, and just enjoyed the outdoors and eachother's company.

It was great, and again reminds me of how much I've personally gotten from this sport, how much I really love those people, and how lucky I am to have them in my life (awwww).

One day was skiling, the next day was shopping and night hiking , and Monday we went snow-mobiling. We tried to go tubing (despite all the snow in denver there was no fresh power in the mountains, so it would have been awesome tubing but not-as-great-skiing), but alas, we needed a reservation. So on a whim, we jumped on the last snowmobile trip of the day. WOW - it was totally worth it, and definitly the highlight of the trip.



If you've never been up above treeline - you've got to do it at least once in your life. In the summer it's spectacular - you get this feeling that you are on top of the world, and the views are just holy. But in winter .. its like being on another planet. Seriously - the terrain, the sky, everything is different than what you're use to. We went on a 2 hour trip, and once things got moving (Jamie and I dumped the snowmobile in like the first 5 minutes, yes, i was driving) it was pretty amazing.



Going at the end of the day was a lucky choice - we got to see the sunset from nearly 13,000 feet, which let me tell you, is something else. The location we went is up on the continental divide - the ridge of mountains that divide the western us and the eastern US (rivers flow one way on one side, the other on the other). The moon was out and the winds were calm. I'm of course attaching some photos.





Here's the weird part. About 2/3 of the way down, we stopped for some hot cocoa in a little warm-up shack. My friend Monica took some photos. She took a picture of Jamie and I, and was shocked by what she saw. She exclaimed - "you guys, there's something in this picture!!!". Then the snowmobil- tour-guy came along, and took a picture of four of us. My friend was still talking about the first photo, and had to take another of Jamie and I. She did, and wouldn't you know it, there was something in this one too.

Do you believe in the paranormal? I do ... I mean, not like the devil and casper and stuff like that, but certainly i've felt the presence of "other things" from time to time.

So here's the photos ... what do you think? Trick of lights, or something truly weird?

The first picture ...



The second picture



The third picture

0 Comments: